Happy New Year from D&R
December 30, 2013
2013 has been an exciting year at Diverse & Resilient. We have grown in program participants, budget, and staff, and as a result we have made a greater impact on the health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in Wisconsin. There is still time to make a year-end gift to support the health of the LGBTQ community. Give today.
Here are just a few highlights from our year:
- We added a new youth space to our office on Holton Street, designed by youth in our programs. The space is a safe-haven and point of pride for our program participants.
- Our HIV testing team is on track to complete 1,000 HIV tests this year, a 45% increase over last year.
- We launched four new programs to serve LGBTQ people in Wisconsin. Imagine More is a companion program to our popular Acceptance Journeys campaign, encouraging LGBTQ people to expect and demand full respect. 414ALL, our condom distribution campaign, is reducing teen pregnancy and STI infections by encouraging condom use by young people. Healthy Girls and Safe Dates are two programs aimed at encouraging LGBTQ young people to make good choices around sexual health and dating.
- We hosted our first Reviving the Dream Celebration to honor the memory of Civil Rights leader Bayard Rustin and to celebrate LGBTQ leaders working to make Wisconsin a better place. Next year’s Reviving the Dream Celebration will be on March 20 at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
- We became a United Way partner agency, a collaboration that will have a lasting impact on our work.
On behalf of the staff and board of Diverse & Resilient, we are grateful to the many partners, donors, friends, and supporters who have made this work possible.
Thank you and Happy New Year.
Gary Hollander, PhD
President & CEO
Give a gift of health and well-being. Donate today.