Reviving the Dream Celebration
Thursday, March 30, 2017
InterContinental Milwaukee Hotel
5:30pm to 6:30pm: Cocktail Reception & Cash Bar
6:30pm to 7:30pm: Dinner
7:30pm to 8:30pm: Program
The 5th Annual Reviving the Dream Celebration includes the presentation of Diverse & Resilient’s 2017 LGBT leadership awards, honoring individuals and organizations for their leadership in, and on behalf of, Wisconsin’s LGBTQ community.
Individual tickets and sponsorships are available:
- Individual ticket: $100
- Individual sponsorship: $250 (includes listing in invitation and program book)
We offer various opportunities for companies to sponsor Reviving the Dream and advertise in the program book. For more information, please click here.
The following sponsorships are available:
- Resilient Table Sponsors: $1,000 (table of eight)
- Diversity Sponsors: $2,500 (table of eight; half-page ad)
- Reviving the Dream Sponsors: $5,000 (table of eight; full-page ad)
- Presenting Sponsor: $10,000 (two tables of eight; full-page ad)
For more information, please contact Gerry Coon, President & CEO of Diverse & Resilient, at or 1 (414) 390-0444.
Bayard Rustin, the event’s namesake, was a leader in the Civil Rights Movement. Rustin was a mentor and adviser to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the chief organizer of the historic 1963 March on Washington. Rustin had to work behind the scenes because he was an openly gay man in a deeply hostile era. The Bayard Rustin Award honors his legacy of working behind the scenes to improve people’s lives through social justice.
Reviving the Dream honors the memory of Bayard Rustin and celebrates lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender leaders working to make Wisconsin—and the world—a better place.
This year’s leadership award recipients include:
- Bayard Rustin Award – Sarah Morgan
- Be Y.O.U. Youth Leadership Award – Kailee Evans
- Gary Hollander Adult Leadership Award – Syd Robinson
- LGBT Ally Award – Brett Fuller
- Community Partner Award – Northwestern Mutual
Gerard Washington, Milwaukee Fire Department Assistant Chief, a great personal and professional advocate on behalf of the LGBTQ community.
Reviving the Dream Sponsors
Resilient Table Sponsors
Tanya Atkinson & Laurie Reisener
Gerry Coon & Stewart Dempsey
Eastmore Real Estate
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
Greater Milwaukee Foundation
Marcus Hotels & Resorts
Milwaukee Health Department
Sarah Morgan & Pat Walsh
YWCA of Southeastern Wisconsin
Steven Dittman, CPA
Helmut Hampel, CPA
Andrew C. Holman, CPA